Powertrain

History

1887 

Foundation of GOETZE® by Friedrich Wilhelm Goetze in Burscheid.

 

1940 
Takeover of a factory plant for the production of seals made of rubber-metal (elastomers).

 

1946 
The first apprenticeship workshop is opened.

 

1964 
Foundation of the Goetze® Works, Friedrich Goetze Friedberg GmbH by the merger of the companies Marquardt (Friedberg, founded 1929) and Goetze® Burscheid AG.

 

1982 
Facility expansion to approximately 19,700 m² through the purchase of Auer premises.

 

1990 
Production of face seals relocated from Burscheid, Germany to Friedberg, Germany.

 

1993 
Takeover by T&N. New company name: AE Goetze.

 

1998 
Takeover by Federal-Mogul. New company name: Federal-Mogul Friedberg GmbH.

 

2007 & 2014 
Hall extensions of Friedberg production for face seals.

 

2012 
The Friedberg site is expanded to an area of approximately 90.000 m²

 

2014 
Friedberg site celebrates 85th anniversary. The GOETZE® brand transitions to Federal-Mogul Powertrain, a division of Federal-Mogul.
 
For decades, Federal-Mogul Friedberg has been a leading manufacturing site for piston rings, cylinder liners and mechanical face seals for use in the automotive and industrial sectors. About 55 percent of the product portfolio comes from the industrial business.  This includes GOETZE®  Face Seals which are exclusively produced in Friedberg.





FM_OE_pub.master